OHM Advisors Announces 2022 Diversity Scholarship Winners
Thirteen STEM students receive funds for college as AEC industry hopefuls
OHM Advisors proudly announces the winners of its 5th Annual Diversity Scholarships awarding at least $1,000 each to qualified women and minorities who are currently enrolled or planning to enroll in a STEM program or any other firm-related practice area. Created to attract and retain a diverse workforce, the scholarships recognize promising students who are passionate about contributing to the world through their future work in the architecture/engineering/construction (AEC) industry.
The 2022 winners are:
- Abigail Atteveld, The Ohio State University
- Isabella Bernard, The Catholic University of America
- Shauna Burkes (Returning Winner), The Ohio State University
- Quincy Drane, The New School, Parsons School of Design
- Anne Ghata, Calvin University
- Heaven Hansen, Texas State University
- Dylan Harber, Central Michigan University
- Samantha Kusiima (Returning Winner), Eastern Michigan University
- Sarah Markley, Ohio Northern University
- Vicki McTaggart, Michigan State University
- Chelsea Walters, Kettering University
- Rebecca Witherspoon, Tennessee Technological University
- Zoe Yaeger, Lawrence Technological University
“We’re honored to continue this scholarship into its fifth year,” said OHM Advisors President Jon Kramer. “One of our firm’s core values is the belief that diversity drives innovation—that a broader perspective of ideas, backgrounds and experiences enables our teams to create powerful and unique solutions to today’s problems. With the passage of the 2021 Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act, we’re going to need young people like these talented winners to fill the new jobs that will be created to design and implement innovative solutions to our infrastructure system challenges.”
The student winners were recognized in a virtual awards ceremony hosted by OHM Advisors on June 7. In addition to receiving monetary awards, the students may be offered future opportunities to pursue internships with OHM Advisors.
About OHM Advisors:
OHM Advisors is the community advancement firm. Founded in 1962, we deliver award-winning work across the architecture, engineering, and planning spheres. With offices in multiple states, our 650+ person team partners with leaders at all government levels, school districts, developers, universities and private companies to create great places.