OHM Advisors Principal Jennifer Carney Talks Building a Successful Career as an Architect
In an October 19 article by Authority Magazine, OHM Advisors Principal Jennifer Carney talks with Jason Hartman as part of a series about the “Five Things You Need to Know to Create a Highly Successful Career as an Architect.” A 30-plus year licensed architect, Carney has developed a professional persona that makes her a sought-after building design expert in the healthcare architecture and development markets and is deeply committed to providing excellent client service in every project.
Specifically, she suggests that young professionals:
- Research and continually learn about your client, their business, the community and the ever-changing materials and systems of the building trade
- Be approachable so that people can relate to you as a person
- Learn to think quickly on your feet so you can become adaptive to change
- Be honest with your clients—especially when you make a mistake
- Adopt a helping attitude because architecture is a service industry and you’re there to serve your clients and the communit